About this website...
Musicians' Health Scotland is a website for musicians, performing artists, dancers throughout Scotland. It gives information on clinics held in Glasgow for the management and prevention of playing-related health problems.
Patrice Berque is a chartered physiotherapist specialised in
the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders and injuries affecting performing artists, especially musicians. He is also involved in academic research in the field of Performing Arts Medicine, and in health promotion and prevention of playing-related musculoskeletal disorders.
Patrice set up a Musicians' Clinic in 2002 in Glasgow, with the help of the Musicians Union Scotland (MU). Since then, he has treated many amateur and professional musicians with playing-related health problems.
To obtain more information or to book an appointment, whether you are amateur, student, teacher, professional, freelance... you can contact Patrice directly.
In this site, you will find:
- Advice sheets which you can download and print.
- Educational presentations that will give you an insight on the nature and management of common problems and pathologies affecting performing artists.
- Patrice's ongoing research and scientific publications.
- How to obtain financial help for your consultations through your orchestra if you are a professional musician or, if you are a student, through the Musicians Benevolent Fund (MBF Scheme).
- Useful links to organisations and individuals providing help to musicians and performing artists.
Back to top
40 Edington Street
Glasgow G4 9RD (Map)
ARC - City Centre
G4 0BA (Map)